About Our Office
Stages Of Gum Disease
Dangers of Gum Disease
Gum Disease Linked to Diabetes
Healthy Mouth & Body
Tooth & Bone Loss
Low birth weight and premature babies
Implant Supported Dentures
Mercury Free Dentistry
Crowns and Implants
Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Scaling / Root Planing
CariFree Cavity Prevention
Dental Articles / Education
Visit Dr. Roman Shlafer to have teeth whitening by dentists in Farmington, MI. There are many over-the-counter methods to whiten your teeth, however, professional teeth whitening by dentists is the fastest and most effective. Professional dentist teeth whitening products are the safest and surest way to see fast results. There are two main ways professional teeth whitening is done:
Tray-Based Tooth Whitening
– This method of teeth whitening by dentists uses custom made trays that are filled with a bleach based tooth whitening solution. The trays need to be worn for a couple hours every day or every night during sleep for approximately four weeks. The length of the dentist teeth whitening treatment is dependent on the amount of discoloration present and the degree of whiteness desired.
– This is the fastest method of professional dentist teeth whitening. Depending in the desired effect, this may be done in one or several visits. During the procedure, a professional dentist teeth whitening agent is applied directly to the tooth enamel while a special light is used to facilitate the whitening process.
While over-the-counter products may offer convenience, they cannot offer the same level of effectiveness that you will see with professional dentist teeth whitening. Having your teeth whitening by dentists offers quicker and more dramatic results. Here are some of the key differences between over-the-counter and professional dentist teeth whitening products.
The strength of the product
– Over-the-counter products usually contain a lower strength bleaching agent than you will get with professional dentist teeth whitening.
– Over-the-counter mouthpieces do not always fit correctly. When you get your teeth whitening by dentists, your mouthpiece is custom fit to ensure an even whitening.
– Over-the-counter products can cause irritation to the gums and soft tissues. Professional dentist teeth whitening products, however, take measures to prevent this. These include protective gels, rubber shields, or other methods.
– Professional dentist teeth whitening products are custom chosen for you. We will carefully examine your teeth and select the best option for you.
For more information about professional dentist teeth whitening, contact the offices of Dr. Roman Shlafer to schedule a consultation today.
To learn more about Teeth Whitening,
Have Additional Questions?
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment?